A89: Internet Proposal

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Internet Proposal

    I really like the idea of making the 89 internet capable. Sure,
implementing a stack, etc. would be a ton of work. But worth it. The paths
have already been laid too. There is a lot of net stuff out there already
written.

    TIHTML, whatever, is a good idea, but you're going to suffer from
compatibility issues. If the calculator itself handles all the HTML, you
could run into other issues. I think it would be the best idea to have a
webserver set up that parsed requests from calculators to convert them into
a 89-friendly format. Once the HTML is parsed, the calc downloads and reads
it. It's a lot of work, but it would definetly be worth it. I would love to
have this at school. An email client might be even better. I could use my 89
as a personal organizer at school.

    Some ideas to think about people. If any of this is going to get done
someone needs to step up if they're interested. I don't have the time or
knowledge now but I will start looking into it soon. I'm going to start to
finalize an "official" draft of a document of a proposal for bringing
internet functionality to the 89.

Nick

Nick Rejack                                   nrejack@mailandnews.com
"Both Rob and I see sound as shapes. I only have to do this
 (makes a fist) and he knows what sound I mean".  - Autechre