Re: A89: Internet Link(Debate about Aol anywhere)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Internet Link(Debate about Aol anywhere)

Reasons why a real ISP is better than AOL: Umm a real ISP is faster
(Don't tell me its not, I've used AOL), AOL Monitors you, the Bloody
TOS doesn't exist, email is customizable. (I can add my own headers),
More respect is earned, ISPs aren't down every five minutes due to
"maintenance", and I Can use my OWN email client, own browser, and I
dont have to keep AOL open to use any other TCP/IP app (Not a real
problem with AOL for Mac)

At approximately 2:20 AM -0500GMT on the day Earth People call
1/11/99, TGaArdvark@aol.com declared:

> Okay, how about listing the pros of a "real ISP" for me over AOL.
> I can think of only two. Shell account (maybe) and standard PPP
> dialup.

---
I pledge allegiance to the Mac of Apple Computer Incorporated, and to
the developers for which it stands, one platform, under Jobs,
indestructible, with creativity and multimedia for all.