Re: A89: Internet Link (zipped files)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 10:07 PM 01/09/99 EST, you wrote:
>> Also we have to reliaze if our program was supposed to download games, well
>>  how would we unzip them
>First of all, it can be done and secondly, not nececicarily. There's no law
>that says that you can only serve/download zipped files. If ticalc.org (or
any
>other web site) was to set up a special calc section, I would hope that none
>of the files are zipped, for simplicity's sake. It would be best if you just
>"clicked" on something and it downloaded right into your main folder. :)

The browser could use HUFFLIB to decompress huffman encoded files.  And for
the 89 you could use the ZIPLIB included with doorsos (not great
compression, but better than nothing)

--
Bill Risher        Sparr      UIN:1952775    ._, . . .
Lorenai #44                   FON:9316484164 |_) o | |

Follow-Ups: References: