Re: A89: Internet Link (TCML!!!)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Internet Link (TCML!!!)

padrino@earthlink.net writes:

> > How could we create this new language
>
>  Creating the language itself would be simple. We could just define our
>  own tags:
>
>  (f1): small font
>  (f2): medium font
>  (f3): large font
>  (align=center): centers text
>  (align=right): text aligned to right
>  (a href="http://www.timl.calc.org/files/zelda89.89z"): link to a file
>  ect., ect.
>
>  the challenge will be creating the browser which can interpret (f1) to
>  use the Ti's smallest font. Even this shouldn't be that difficult. The
>  REAL challenge will be connecting the calculator to the internet!

I had something similar written up that was almost exactly the same, but
stupid AOL converted my fake hyperlinks to real ones and now it's kind of
pointless. :( Some important difference/additions to mine:

-No <HEADER> tag, just <TITLE>
-It was <FONT=SMALL>, or MEDIUM, or LARGE, but I like <F1> better, it's
smaller. :)
-Files used had different extentions. One hyperlink to download a game from my
page read <A HREF="NrdQuest.asm">, and another to download the documentation
read <A HREF="Readme.text">. This way, the extentions are for the calculator,
not for the PC/Mac program. This is easier to use (and probably code) than all
the .89z .89s junk. :)
-There were  and <HR> tags. Lines are easy to draw, right? :)

Otherwise, it was exactly the same. Oh, and there was a <TCML> and </TCML>
tag, but this may not even be necessary (we've gotta think about saving
bytes!) If someone enjoys writing this kind of thing, I'm sure that they could
code a "Web Browser" to read these types of files, and then adapt it for
internet use when the software and such are written.