Re: A89: Internet Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Internet Link

In a message dated 1/8/99 12:20:36 AM Pacific Standard Time,
oh@hem.passagen.se writes:

> That's a good idea!
>  I think though, that it also would be nice with a client program on the
> computer
>  (as I described earlier) for guys like me that don't use a modem to
connect..
> .
>  ofcourse they would be compatible, but that shouldn't be very hard to fix..
>  (that's what tcp/ip is for ;)

The thing is, it would be _really_ cool to hook a modem adapter to the calc
and the modem to the wall, then hook up to the internet, without using a
computer. I was even thinking about the possibility of "tcml" web pages (Ti-
Calculator Markup Language) that would be viewable from some kind of web
browser. (Imagine hooking up to www.tcml.ticalc.org and downloading games
right to your calc!) The 89 has the memory and power, it's just a matter of
hardware. How would the modem be powered, for instance? Would PPP really be
that hard to implement on an 89? If an old macintosh can do it, so can the
calc. They use the same processor!