Re: A89: Address errors, how to stop them

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

ComAsYuAre@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 1/7/99 10:31:06 Eastern Standard Time,
> nlmueller@students.wisc.edu writes:
>
> >  I don't know how Doors works, but I mind is shaping up to be a
> >  rewrite of the exception handlers on the 89.
>
> ok, this leads me to a question i've been wondering for a while.  did ti write
> these worthless exception handlers which display "adress error" (or whatever)
> and then freeze?

Yeah they do.

> if they did, why didn't they make it recoverable?  seems
> really stupid.

In fact not so much. Their TIOS has to be perfectly stable, so this
should never happen. But then ASM programming came on the TI92.. and on
others calcs, but TI did not rewrite their errors handlers, probably it
would have taken too much time for them.
Well, that is only my point of view..

Xavier VASSOR
---The Doors Team
E-mail:xvassor@mail.dotcom.fr