A89: Re: Re: TI Calc Video

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: Re: TI Calc Video

you couldn't really just switch the screen to display a different frame
unless you made sure that the entire video occured at a mod 8 = 0 memory
address .. maybe by copying the entire video file from archive to RAM before
playing.
The double buffering idea might work for decompression; I'm almost certain
that if it was programmed properly enough it could be decompressed in well
less than 1/350 of a second.

>If this leaves enough processing power for the CPU to handle decompression,
>then the interupt could be changed so that it just switches between two
>locations in memory, and while one is being displayed, the CPU would
>decompress the next frame and store it in the location not currently being
>displayed by the interrupt.  I really don't think that this is possible,
>because of the limited processing power, but I'm not really one to say.
Dux