Re: A89: Built in serial numbers

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Built in serial numbers

>this is a calculator here.  no one in the world is gonna do any good with
>share ware.  if anyone put it out,  i would personally (if i knew how to)
>decompile it and release it no charge.  shareware is the biggest load of
crap.
>keep games free

I'm not really talking about games (if I mentioned them it was just
hypothetical, to see if it could be done).  I mean doing the type of stuff
like TI does where they write some big engineering program and then sell it
to a company or whatever.  I don't mean for publically released programs
either.  If you wanted to release betas of your software and not have it on
everyones PC the serial number would come in handy.  Also, detecting the
serial number could tell you if the calc is being emulated since the serial
number doesn't show up in the emulator (also, if the emulator had support to
enter your own serial numbers you could backup software you buy from TI and
run it on your computer which has a nice qwerty keyboard).  Also, the serial
number would be a good random number seed for stuff like maps on a game
where you want a game that has the same levels everytime you play, but
different levels on different calcs (serial number also good for Pokémon
type games).