A89: Re: Re: Wierd Calc Thing

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: Re: Wierd Calc Thing

I don't know where you got that from, but I can't see any reason why
grayscale would use any more battery power.
I think the real reason is that in order to use the STOP instruction, you
have to be in supervisor mode, so games aren't able to use it to conserve
battery power.  On the 8x calcs, programmers can use the HALT instruction,
which is equivalent, to go into low power mode.

It's possible that there is a trap that will exectue a stop, and that would
be very useful.  It's also possible to reduce the number of scanlines on the
89 to 100 and save battery power that way, none of which any programs I know
of do .. it would be cool if one of the shells were to do that for us.