Re: A89: ti-89 color, and I don't mean grayscale

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

nlmueller@students.wisc.edu writes:

> Sounds cool, but I bet it can't be too good for the display.  It would be
>  nice if TI made a TI-89 color like the Casio CFX-9850Ga-PLUS.  It can do
>  red, green, blue and black.  With seven level greyscale that makes 16386
>  possible colors.  Wouldn't that be something!

Yes, and perhaps TI's color calc would actually be useful. Seriously, those
Casio's are almost useless- the interface is very non-integrated and I have no
idea what the scripting language is... I saw some program someone typed in
before me at the store and it looked like to print a string you just did
"hello" with nothing else... in fact, they're so useless that nobody has found
a way to run assembly on it (that I know of), and there's no
www.casiocalc.org.

OK, enough bashing on the casios... basically, it would be kinda cool if there
was an 89 color... but what's the practical application, besides games? Of
course, I'm sure there's one but I don't know what it is... :)