A89: Reading and storing data to and from external files

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Reading and storing data to and from external files

How would I go about having one assembly program read data from another (ie,
a string)?  And how could I make a program write to an external file?  For
example, Super Mario Quest stores level data in a string (mariolvl) and the
program reads the level data from there, and when using the editor it writes
the data to a new string file (but the new version uses an external librabry
to save the game?).  I'm interested in writing savegame data to an external
file so that the main program can be archived when run.  I'd appreciate it
if someone here could explain how to do this, and post a little routine
that'll do it -- thanks =)

    -Scott Noveck
     noveck@pluto.njcc.com