Re: A89: what's the big deal?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: what's the big deal?

Besides, you failed to answer some of the other oddities. Not only on
the TI simulator does the T hang over, but the window does not have a
beveled edge all the way around.

RoniBarrett@aol.com wrote:
> Ok, point by point:
> (excerpts from multiple emails and gooeyhoax.jpg)
> >some window titlebars do not shift from black to blue
>
> Just read my last post about photoshop
>
> > the 'T' in 'TI-89 Simulator' that hangs over the window border a little bit
>
> Maybe he used his own window drawing routines, rather than window's built in
> ones, and hes off by a few pixels. Ive seen programs that do worse.

He told me in IRC that he used MFC which would mean that, unless there
some amazing wierd bug that didn't crash the machine, he couldn't have a
T hanging over.

> >Title text is different colors on different windows
>
> SO?? You can download programs that can make each program's window loo
> different. Or, this may be another product of his custom window routines.

I never claimed this to be irrefudible...

> >odd' is the existence of a View drop-down menu
>
> No, you have multiple windows, syntax highlightin, toolbars, lots of stuff
> that would fit great as little checks in the View menu.

That is why I said maybe 'cause at the time I marked it up it was late
and I was tired and couldn't think of why you would need a FORMAT menu
item (The view makes sense now).

> >Whats Syntax Scheme?
>
> Anyone here program in x86 assembly? Ive seen 3 diffent ways to lay out
> programs before assembly. Or perhaps differnt color shemes for syntax
> highlighting?

This is 68k not x86. Or is it since this is obviously a multi-purpose
editor named SynEdit. BUT, he did tell me that the guy that wrote
SynEdit let him use the code, so I will give a break on that part.

> >A white menu bar
>
> Not at all uncommon. Sorry, but it isnt.

Fine.

> >the debugger, which is suspiciously resemblent of VTI
>
> Copying from the best if you ask me. Besides:
> >h4Xor has openly admitted using some code from other programs
>
> >Upload to FTP?
> (on the sending window in the screenshot)

I said that to explain why there is a "Sending..." in the program
because at the time I believed it to be a web orientated program.

> No, ummm, gee, dont you have to send a compiled program to the calculator for
> it to be worth anything? Assembly Studio has the ability to send programs
> right to the calculator.

And I don't understand what that is supposed to mean...

> >a barely noticeable noise pattern in the surrounding background colors

The icons are the same as some other program as I have been informed so
they would be real.

> Two possibilites: Crappy windows screenshot; or poor image compression

My point was that there was a halos on the actual ss, but anything that
was added later had no halo.

--
Scott "_Wrath_" Dial
wrath@calc.org