A89: Over the 8k limit?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Over the 8k limit?

Hmmmm....I just recompiled the XCal program I'm working on according to the
instructions presented in the new DoorsOS package that were intended to make
programs compatible with all ROM versions.  The total program size came out
to be 9,535 bytes.  When loading it onto my calc with 2.03, I was able to
run it from the Doors shell.  Is this a built in feature (i was asking
because it says in the doors file to run 8k+ programs using the run command,
but it works the same whether running it with run("xcal") and using the
shell, and it is, as you notice, over 8k :) ?

Also, everything works perfectly in the program except for one detail.  I
have several cursor routines (using graphlib::fill basically) which are
*not* working.  Was the graphlib.h file changed?  I know that the problem is
not with the keyboard routines (which, by the way, read directly from the
keyboard) because they work in every other part of the program.  Also, I
know the actual program is working (except for displaying the cursor at
select times) because when I push enter it does everything that its supposed
to, even though the cursor doesn't show up.

The weird thing about this is that it sometimes draws the cursor, like the
first or second time I run it, but then doesn't move the cursor (even though
the variables change accordingly) after that for a whole bunch of times
pressing onto the keypad.

Also, this program does work pretty much flawlessly (at least in the aspects
I'm describing) using ROM 1.00 and 1.05, which is the reason why I was
wondering if the graphlib.h file was changed (particularly the fill
routine).

I'm putting up the file at this address (rather than attaching the file
since you guys don't seem to like that :) :
http://www.redrival.com/darkrey/xcal.zip
if you want to look at it and see a little more what I'm talking about.
Thanks a lot in advance.

Reman Child