Re: A89: Link Port Problems!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Link Port Problems!

KeysDezes@aol.com said:

>That's odd that it can send but not receive.  The link port on the 89 is
>cheap.  It gets bent really easily.  Mine doesn't work at all anymore.
>(It's
>out of warrantee, so I'm just taking it apart and fixing it.)  I seriously
>doubt it's anything software related though.  Does it work if you receive
>from another TI-89?

I actually had the same problem; it would receive only if I held the
cable bent a certain way.  So I simply took the calc apart, broke out the
soldering iron, and melted it back.  It turned out that the solder on
both sides of the port had broken right off.  It works fine now...

-Mark Zavislak
felix@megsinet.net