A89: HW2 Stuff IS NOT FIXED

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: HW2 Stuff IS NOT FIXED

>Ummm....did anyone know that someone already made a greyscale game
>compliant with HW2?!?!? Doesn't anyone check TINews :) Jeez, the guy that
>made Sonic updated it (.30) and it now supports HW2! It's a modification
>of his Genlib library (which has hidden functions :P). Why doncha email
>him and ask him what he did to make it work :)

Geez, I love how you guys just go and make assumptions without knowing what
the heck you're talking about

Go try and use genlib greyscale with anything other than SMA.  Strangely,
you'll find that there's no text -- none at all.  It appears nearly
identical to what it should be, with the exception of the fact that
tios::drawstrxy won't work.

This fix is for SMA and SMA ONLY.  Unless the game uses NO TIOS GRAPHICS
ROUTINES - meaning its own font, which SMA has - it won't work right.  I've
been saying that on this list for the last 3 weeks now - it's possible, but
without TIOS's help.

The intelligent move would have been to figure out HOW or WHY it works
first, THEN tell people their problem is solved.  Telling people what can be
done without first knowing yourself is NOT a smart move. . .

    -Scott