A89: How do I obtain and analyze a 89 backup file?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: How do I obtain and analyze a 89 backup file?

As many of you know, current assembly programs written for the 89 will not
run on a hardware v2.0 calc with AMS 2.03. Since I own just such a
calculator and am rather POed about the lack of assembly support, I have
decided to attempt to write a kernel for hardware v2.0 calcs that will
support current ASM programs on AMS 2.03. If anyone on this list has any
experience writing kernels, I would really appreciate it if you could pass
on any knowledge you might have about the format of an 89 ROM image, and how
one would go about deciphering the various hex locations and values in a ROM
image. Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated.