From: Mark Scott
To: 'assembly-89@lists.ticalc.org'
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 1999 9:29 PM
Subject: A89: My Linking Cable Software Project

I'm not much of a 68k programmer, but I am writing a program to link to the 89 on the PC.  I don't know if it will end up being as good as w32tran8x 4, but I'm gonna try to finish it.  One thing I have never attempted is talking to ports on the computer.  Does anybody know if there is a good guide for either Visual C++ or Visual Basic?  I plan on doing it in C++, but VB is quicker, so who knows.  The main reason I intend on making this is to get all the functionality of TI's graphlink software in the parallel cable.  Any input is greatly appreciated, links, book ISBN's, whatever.  I basically need an example to look at, or just some good documents.  I hate it when there is something that I have never even ventured into.  If I get it on the Windows platform it won't be too hard for me to port to Linux, but gotta start somewhere.  I intend this to be more like Connect 85 was, I even have a partial program left over from an earlier attempt, w/o the linking code.

Mark E. Scott Jr.
mscott@databasecity.com