Re: A89: HW1, HW2, and HW3?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: HW1, HW2, and HW3?

In a message dated 12/13/99 12:02:13 AM Eastern Standard Time, wrath@calc.org
writes:

<<
 Would someone like to check my math for me here. On my memory screen I
 have "Flash ROM free 720884".
 Now check my math here... 720884 bytes / 1024 = 703.98828125k (which is
 impossible since they are 64k pages which means it is actually 704k).
 Btw, Bryan that means it 702k is highly unlikely they wanted flash apps
 to line up with flash rom pages. Anyways, the question is this... name
 my hardware version and guess with ams came on my calc? Anybody who
 thinks they know is WRONG! My calculator is a "supposed" HW1 (explained
 later) and it came with ams1.00. HW1 should have 384k I thought... go
 figure, and grayscale works perfectly. Does anyone else have a HW1.5
 like me??? There has to be a 3rd hardware version, with 1 inbetween what
 we call HW1 and HW2. I believe this to be true because AU doesn't work
 with my calc, and yet mine display characteristic of a HW1. To be more
 specific with what exactly my calc's version is it came AMS1.00 and on
 the flash upgrade screen it reports Boot 1.05 build 15. I believe this
 version to be when they changed the chip to provide better security on
 the flash rom, but hadn't changed anything further. If I am just stupid
 please tell me so! This just doesn't make sense! If anyone thinks I am
 full of shit then I will have to break out my digital camera and capture
 some pics to prove it to you.

I think you have a HW1 calc. On the memory screen for the HW1 calcs it will
say you have ~702k free FlashROM, but you can only use 384k of that for User
data archive. the remaining 318 must be flashed from a computer.
-nike