Re: A89: Alignment Error

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Alignment Error

In a message dated 12/12/99 9:23:16 AM Eastern Standard Time,
misty@drrobin.yi.org writes:

> here's a fun idea for you god-obsessed people to ponder...
>
>  Under your rules (Not mine! I'm athiest...)
>  God is perfect.
>  Man used to be perfect, until (s)he ate from the tree of knowledge.
>  Animals haven't eaten fron that tree.
>  Animals are therefore perfect.

>  So... What about extinction?
>  That means that God failed in an attempt to make a perfect creature,
>  because a perfect one wouldn't ever become extinct.

The world was perfect ("God saw all that he had made, and it was very good."
[Gen 1:31]).  This was before sin entered the world (the eating from the tree
of the knowledge of good and evil).  His creation (animals included) was
perfect, before sin.  So, what happened then is sin entered into the _world_,
not just into humanity alone.  This could be looked at as a reason for all
the earthquakes, floods and whatnot that goes on in our world today, and of
course why living things eventually perish.

>  If you actually have a rational (or as close to it as you can get)
>  solution, i'd actually be interested in hearing it, if only for the
>  intellectual potential.

there ya go!

--TurboSoft

Visit the TURBOSOFT HOMEPAGE:  The most current Basic and C programs created
by TurboSoft for the 89, and the most 89 web links.
<A HREF="http://turbosoft.ticalc.org/">http://turbosoft.ticalc.org/</A>