Re: A89: Alignment Error

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Alignment Error

I bet you guys are getting pretty of tired with me about now.

You touch on a very controversial, at least in my mind, topic.  "It is
fact if and only if it is within scientic limits."  He pushed it apart
with his will because God was with him and as we all know (hehe) God has
power over everythinng.  If however, you are looking for something
tangible, then religion is not it.

Now, here is a true situation, please make me understand this
scientifically:
     The Priest at my highschool developed cancer.  It started
spreading.  Then, just before the cancer started spreading to his brain
all signs of the cancer disapeared.  The doctors said it was because of
radiation (I think), but he had undergone NO radiation treatments, not a
single one.  Explain that.  Moreover, the cancer came back, and started
spreading again.  He died Monday.  Scientifically, the doctors said he
was cured because of treatment that he had not undergone!  Then the
cancer, which the doctors said was gone (scientifically of course) came
back.  Please do explain this one to me.
     - Matthew

P.S.

Explain to me what is truth.

Then, explain to me what is fact.

Then, explain to me what scientific limits are.

Then, explain to me what you think miracles are.

(I really would like to understand your thoughts on these topics.)

Serial wrote:

> It is fact if and only if it is within scientic limits. If the bible says he
> parted the ocean, scientificaly, something like an earthquake may have done
> it or any number of things IF it actually happened, but it can never be said
> that the ocean parted because he pushed it apart with his will. Scientific
> fact is being killed by being nailed to a cross, that is possible,
> scientific fact is not that after he was dead and left there a few days he
> was taken to a cave and sealed in by a large stone only to exit the sealed
> cave on foot or something. The more likely solution to that would be if
> animals and bugs ate him and decay left nothing much but a clean skelleton.
> Who recognized that as a person in those days?

Follow-Ups: References: