Re: A89: garbage

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: garbage

> i'm not totally sure, but I think that when you run some archived programs,
> doors will unarchive it, run it, then re archive it when you are done with
> it.  Repeating that many times, depending on the size of the file, and how
> much memory you have free, it will cause a garbage collection like usual.

If DoorsOS uses its own userlib::exec then it simply allocates a memory block,
copies the archived file, relocates it, executes it, and then de-allocates the
memory block. Even if it *did* re-archive it it would put it in the same place
(I think) so it won't cause any garrbage collection - it never creates any files
in RAM, just memory blocks.

 / Niklas Brunlid
Check out Prosit for the TI-89 / TI-92+ at http://prosit.ticalc.org
Random PQF Quote follows:

They stared at them. Staring is one of the few things frogs are good at.
Thinking isn't.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Wings)