Re: A89: Re: "Transfer" of values between C and ASM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: "Transfer" of values between C and ASM

> Ok, I can see your point in some of this but generally, ASM programs will
> run faster then C programs even if they take much longer to make. You have
> made good points and I was being too general.
>
> -'FuZeD
>
> b.t.w. a 400mhz x86 computer would most likely run more then 40x the speed
> of the 89. This is because desktop "computers" have more RAM, higher bus
> speeds, and better instruction sets. I'm not saying that a 400mhz 68k
                    ^^

This is not true. The 68k series has a far better ISA than the x86. Its
simply
more modern. Also the "desktop" versions of the 68k have the same
instruction set.

But anyways. A 400 Mhz P2/p3/Celeron does run up to 300-400 times faster
than the 10Mhz 68000 in your TI89, since it simply is able to do more
per cycle. Of course this is again limited by memory speed etc, as you
mentioned.

Follow-Ups: References: