Re: A89: Save while Archived?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Save while Archived?

In a message dated 4/20/99 9:27:56 PM Central Daylight Time,
noveck@pluto.njcc.com writes:

> Anyone else notice that Phoenix 3.0 saves to itself while archived - WITHOUT
>  an external file?  I was finally got myself the Quad Plasma Cannon, Deluxe
>  Rapid Fire, Radar Jammer, and a Horizontal Speed Boost, and I accidentally
>  hit Apps (the teacher key).  Phoenix was archived and I thought I'd lose
the
>  game - but it resumed =)  After another half-hour of being nearly
invincible
>  with all those powerups, I quit and did some experimenting -- Phoenix is
>  saving while archived?!?  What the heck?
>
>                  -Scott Noveck (SMN)
>                   smn@calc.org
>                   Pokemon 89 - Zelda 89
>                   http://ccia.calc.org

Yeah, I've noticed that it does that too.  It doesn't have any external
files?  That would be pretty nice to be able to save to an archived program
so that you can actually save games and high scores.  Maybe it unarchives
itself, saves the data, archives itself...but probably not.

-Jared C.
http://come.to/tivault