Re: A89: Make Use of Exec!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Make Use of Exec!

In a message dated 4/2/99 10:45:16 PM Central Standard Time,
milez@mindspring.com writes:

> This e-mail is a call to the capable ASM programmers out there. Now
>  that we know how the Exec function can be used, please start writing
>  powerful functions that can be used inside Basic programs!
>
>          For instance.. If someone could write a sprite displayer, then all
>  the Basic programmers out there would only have to cut and paste the code
>  into their program, then put in a sprite as the argument for the Exec
>  function. This would blend the ease of use and protability of Basic with
the
>  power of ASM and would be great for games, math programs, you name it!

Right, right, great... I worked on a program like this in z80 asm for the 83
a while back along with Jason K.  Pretty nice for BASIC programmers, had
functions like a getkey that paused, inverse text, a sprite thing, even
working on something that would allow you to do music...some other functions
too.
So, I don't know enough 68k yet to do this - you might even be able to do
some stuff like that in BASIC for the 89.  Finding the chr( ) command was
really nice.  Anyway, I think that'd be helpful to me and other aspiring
programmers as we strive to conquer the somewhat weak realm of the BASIC.

-Jared C.
http://come.to/tivault