Re: A89: a89: Drugwars

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: a89: Drugwars

I agree completely. Drugwars is a retarded game; time should not be
wasted bringing it to the 89. ESPECIALLY not in ASM! Drugwars is
completely text-based... what is the purpose of making it in ASM? It
could be just as good, and programmed much faster, if it were to be
written in BASIC.

Dormando: Please do not refrain from from creating your high-quality
games simply because there are those that choose to take part in idiotic
games such as Drugwars.

Please... try to keep the 89 a high quality, reputable calculator. Don't
plague it with worthless text-based ASM games, otherwise others' view of
it will be low. We don't want or need that.

Just my $0.02.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Joseph L. Davison
http://www.joedavison.com
webmaster@joedavison.com
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Dormando wrote:

> I'm just saying that it contributes to the corruption, let's all make and play halfway intelligent games.  Like nibbles.  Not something that we get
> to run around and deal drugs, shoot people, and have a raving fun drug-dealing time, in assembler even.
>
> I just might be convinced to dig up my dad's old m68k manual from the basement and write some cool games for this calc, but just the start of this
> drugwars game might keep me from releasing my works like the 83 did for me, I worked hard on some games, I even did a little test to see which
> games did better, and it turns out, KILL BARNEY#@$@#  did better than my graphical strategy game that kicked ass and was complex for it's time in
> basic, kill barney was made in 6 hours and was text based.
>
> ooOoooOoooo, an advanced, assembled DRUGWARS game, how special.  If I'm going to be beaten out hands down by something just as stupid as that, why
> the hell should I release anything at all?
>
> Olle Hedman wrote:
>
> > >let's do the world a favor, and a bet to the rest of the calculator world and have this be one of the few >calculators NOT to get this crappy,
> > >overused game.
> > >
> > >-Dormando
> > >Fantasyware (NOT THE ONE THAT CREATED DRUG WARS IN THE FIRST PLACE@#%@$%)
> >
> > People OBVIOUSLY like this game..  (even though I myself never have
> > played it)
> > why cant you allow them to make it and play it?
> > It's not like anyone is trying to force YOU in to playing it!
> >
> > just my opinion...
> >
> > //Olle

Follow-Ups: References: