Re: A89: annoying little quirks

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: annoying little quirks

> Have you taken yours apart yet (I don't blame you if you have'nt)?  Do you
> know if there are any nooks or crannies where ppl could cram in an expander
> or any other devices?

No, I didn't take it apart yet and I don't intend to for a few weeks or so.
(Just for fun, I flip the [ON] key of each of my calculators upside-down
so that it reads [NO].  It's a good way to learn how everything goes
together since you have to gut the calculator to get to the keyboard.
I will do this on my 89 some time in the future.  (Once, someone
couldn't figure out how to turn my TI-86 on, they thought that
key really was a [NO] key.))  Anyway, I doubt there will be much
room in that thing.  They didn't even tilt the screen, which means
they probably really had to crunch.

I did notice that the screws are not the ones TI normally uses,
they are hexagonal.  Luckily I have some metric allen wrenches
here.  The only drawback is I can't take it apart during math
since I don't have allen wrenches in my portable toolkit.