Re: A89: Re: On-calc Compiler

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: On-calc Compiler

>That's the beauty of Flash ROM (or the archive memory).  One could make
>an on-calc assembler that would first copy, at a minimum, the program
>you are coding to archive memory before assembling and executing the
>program.  This way if you were to crash the calc (and most likely, write
>over some of the RAM), you would at least have the program backed-up in
>archive memory (so you could then try to identify the bug and try
>again).

I realized this as I was typing my response.  The train of thought...

>> and if the calculator locked up, you would have to put it back on
>> (wait, no you wouldn't...).

followed by

>> The program to do compile wouldn't fill up the ROM, and would speed up
the development of programs.

See, I'm not as stupid as I look (wait...)

There is a possible problem of accidently deleting te assembler and parts of
the OS though.  I'd work on this except that I can't get any, since I would
just drive over to Caculator's Inc.  Could someone get a start on this?

----
Mathew Ryden
dryden19-2@idt.net

Help break 56-bit encryption