A89: RAM/ROM dumper

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: RAM/ROM dumper

I have written a RAM/ROM dumper program which will (hopefully) run on the
TI-89, but I do not yet have a TI-89 to test it on.  You can download the
program at http://home1.gte.net/river/dump.zip .  It doesn't rely on any RAM
or ROM addresses, as it accesses the link port directly, so it should work
as long as the link hardware is the same as on the TI-92.  I ask that
someone on this list try to dump the RAM/ROM using this program.  Please
respond with your results, whether it be positive or negative.  Also, I
would like to know if the message "ROM dump completed" appears on the status
line after the program exits.  The success of this program may allow a shell
to be written for the 89 very soon.  I would like to have a copy of the RAM
dump if it works.  (A ROM dump would be nice, but that would be illegal!)