Re: A89: BASIC question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: BASIC question

ok, it's me again.  the dude with the extremely basic BASIC question.  anyway, i'm looking at your explanation, and i have a question.  i used it, and it works great, but i don't understand one thing.

Output 45,40,"You have $"&string(money)

that all makes sense.  converts a number stored in money to a string.  ok, so it displays
You have $(value of money)

but then you have

&"   "
at the end of money.  to me, it would seem it would clear out three spaces AFTER the value of money instead of the actual value.  this isn't true, but i would like to know why it does that?

anyway, thanks for the help.

>Output 45,40,"You have $"&string(money)&"   "
>& - connects two strings (like + on the other 8X calcs that do strings)
>string(money) - converts a REAL number into a string... the number 300 becomes
>"300" so that it can be displayed in the same command
>"   " - to cover up whatever number was there before, make this string with
>extra spaces if the number will have more than 3 digits.
>
>Visit the TurboSoft Homepage:  The most current Basic programs created by
>TurboSoft for the 89.
><A HREF="http://members.aol.com/turbosoft/turbosoft.html">
>http://members.aol.com/turbosoft/turbosoft.html</A>

{-kimo-}

Summers never live up to your expectations . . .
-kimo
Follow-Ups: References: