RE: A89: Fw: 32 bit TI Graph Link Software

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A89: Fw: 32 bit TI Graph Link Software

> > programs that make 16bit calls will not run on an NT
> system.  Perhaps
>
> This is incorrect.  NT on Pentium and Pentium II will run
> 16-bit programs
> but in a slower reserved memory space.  NT on a Pentium Pro
> will not run
> 16-bit at all, but this is due to the Pro processor, not NT.

NT on a Pentium Pro can run 16-bit applications. I do it all the time (ugh).

They all run in the Virtual DOS Machine (NTVDM), which implements the Win16
interface. It will then thunk the calls in a stub, and make 32-bit calls to
the Win32 interface.

//Magnus [Back from the dead]