Re: A89: Re: Re: FlashROM and others thinggys

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: Re: FlashROM and others thinggys

In a message dated 9/30/98 12:55:42 Eastern Daylight Time,
assets@eden.rutgers.edu writes:

>  >As it seems that most people has no knowledge about operation
>  >of FlashROM, I will give you few basics:
>  >
>  >1. FlashROM is kind of RAM, but it will hold its data after power off.
>  >2. FlashROM works kinda same way as EPROMs but you don't need a UV lamp
>  >   to clear the chip and you dont need to clear whole chip
>  >3. Every time you archive or unarchive a variable into FlashRom, it
>  >   "gain age", so if you archive and unarchive enough, FlashRom gets
>  >   too old and it "dies". This is comparable to TV left on test screen for
>  >   a week. After that your TV tube will be useless.
>

>  So is it still there after a crash?  I guess it must be.

yeah.  i've had it crash w/ plus shell before, and it takes a WHILE, even with
all 5 batteries out, before it actually resets (as opposed to 86 where one
battery for half a second takes care of it).  anyway, my calc is still in
working order.

btw, i went to the self test screen cause i was messing around, and noticed
that after i exited, the bar at the bottom of the screen disappeared.  is
there anyway to get it to reappear, w/o resetting memory?