A89: ASM help please

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: ASM help please

I'm trying to compile a program with asm89.bat in the ps package, but it's
giving me an error as follows:

Error: 16-bit relocations are unsupported

What does that mean?  I have no idea because I am still learning ASM and I am
going at a very slow pace because most of the tutorials aren't very helpful
unless you already know ASM (which is the catch-22).  Most of what is in my
program is based on the only 5 or so instructions I know so far:

move,add,sub,cmp,beq (and the other booleans),bsr, and a few ROM calls I
learned from hello.asm.

I can upload the source if you want to look at it, but it's rather embarassing
because it's a real pile.

Also, is there an easy way to implement a delay?  Right now, I'm just using a
"for...next" type loop that repeats 700 times or so.

Another thing, what is the ROM call equivalent to "getKey()" and how do I use
it?