A89: Re: Re: canteen

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: Re: canteen

>>I'm trying to compile a program using the new format (plusshell utilites)
>>that isn't working.  The program just returns when I try running it with
or
>>without a shell ... I tried running it on the old version of doorsos and I
>>got an address error.  The first line of my code is jsr util::clr_scr and
>it
>>didn't even clear the screen before displaying the address error, so I
>don't
>>think the problem is in my code, but in neglecting something from the new
>>format.
>
>Ok, I got it to work (don't know how, I didn't even recompile the program),
>but it will only work with a new format kernal installed ... so much for
>compatability.
>
>>Something weird I noticed was that tios uses an equate, "tios::heap", that
>>it doesn't define; I added this so that it would compile, but I don't know
>>if it's right:
>>
>>tios::Heap     equ     _ROM_CALL_02F+$10a
>
>This isn't right.  Could someone look in an older version of tios.h and
tell
>me what it should be?

Can someone _please_ tell me what the correct equate for this is?  I need to
use it in my grayscale routine.  I don't have the old tios.h anymore, nor do
I know where to get it ... so if you have the old version or you know what
the equate should be: help me out!
Has no one else had this problem?!

Also, it's a real bummer that what I am compiling under this new format
can't be run without a kernal and crashes the older kernals.  Is there a way
to at least make new format programs compatable with the os?