Re: A89: Re: Re: Survey for the next version of PlusShell

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: Re: Survey for the next version of PlusShell

>At 20:46 1998-11-18 -0500, you wrote:
>>On the 89 LCD, a sprite must be clipped only when it crosses the top or
left
>>side LCD edges.
>
>Not really true... a sprite on the top row, with a negative x value
>(x=-8,y=0) would in that case start writing before the video memory
>starts... so a special case is needed with such sprites.

That's what I meant: the two special cases are at the top and left side of
the screen.  It's also a good idea to not put the sprite when it is
completely off the screen in either of the other two directions, although
that would not really constitute clipping.