Re: A89: question (*please give some advice*)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: question (*please give some advice*)

>Well I guess noone liked my questions, or maybe they were too long.  But I
>REALLY would appreciate it if someone could help me out here if I am going
>attempt this game...Here are my questions AGAIN:
>

><< OK, I know that interrupt routines are mostly used to keep track of
>time...I
> have a couple questions though: Can you have an interrupt routine that
just
> checks for a key press 200 times a second so you will never miss a key
press
> (will this work?)?

Sure, I think that's what the ROM does.  So in that case just use the
interrupt handler already given.

  Also if you install more than 1 interrupt routine will
> that screw everything up (one to keep track of time and 1 to keep track of
> key press)?

I don't know if you can install more than one, but you can do both in the
same interrupt; the ROM's interrupt probably already has a counter for the
APD.

  And can someone name a sprite routine that handles large sprites
> (somewhere in the range of 16X8 or bigger) with masks....

http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/~assets/acz/graytest.asm

it's in grayscale, though

> one more question...
>
> say I want a character to move back and forth(2 positions) but he is in
front
> of another character who is also moving back and forth (speeds
varying)...Now
> everytime I delete the top character to move to the second position (with
> bunch of 00000000's...is there a better way then using a lot of 0's?)  my
> bottom character will get partialy deleted(ie legs because he is a little
> higher than the other character); how can i avoid this...Do  I just
> incorporate the characters legs into the top characters sprite?  But there
>are
> other problems because the speeds will be varying...Do i like use say the
d7
> register to keep track of a number 1-4:
>
> 1=top character at left side and bottom character at left side postion
> 2=top character at right side and bottom character at right side position
> 3=top character at left side and bottom character at right side position
> 4=top character at right side and bottom character at left side position
>
> and then display the sprites accordingly?

That putsprite routine has background storage.  Draw the sprites once before
the main loop, then in the main loop, replace the backgrounds for every
sprite w/ loadSprite (I think it was called that), and redraw every sprite,
finally update the coordinates of the sprites whenever the right conditions
are met and do whatever else you need to do.