Re: A89: Re: Survey for the next version of PlusShell

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: Survey for the next version of PlusShell

>But what if developers are calling on a new function to be added?  What
>about the developers that don't care about a "standard" library, and just
>add their functions in anyways?  Are three libraries really all that much
>that a user can't handle?  Come on!!  It will be easier to update three
>smaller, related-function libraries, than one huge library.  If we were
>trying to convince you to use 12-100 libraries, then I would see your point.
>Only a programmer could keep track of what games use what libs, but three!!
>How can you argue with that?  If there was a standard for displaying games
>and game info such as:  (not limited to)

Yea,  I think we're taking this arguement to the level of Mac vs. PC here.
I like your idea of a standardised program info though.  I don't know what
people are doing now, but if you zip all necessary libraries with the
program, that would be easy to mannage too.  Of course, if we could just
keep libraries in their own folder (not in main) the libraries would be
easier to deal with.  Does anyone know how symbolic links work?

	--Nate