Re: A89: Several Questions...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Several Questions...

In a message dated 11/9/98 7:41:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kifyre@megsinet.net writes:

> 3. Can libraries be in different folders than the program accessing them?
>
>  4. More specifically, I'm having trouble with several games that tell me a
> certain library is not available, even though the library is clearly in the
> memory. Does anyone have similar problems or know of a solution?

although the libraries must be in the main folder, l like to keep my games in
a folder named assembly .  This keeps them separate, and they appear first in
the VAR-LINK menu.
l've heard before that you must load the libraries onto the calc before you
load the games on.  This is true AND false.  One game that l put on there
would not run, even after the libraries were on the calc.  l reset my calc to
start fresh, and loaded the libraries first, then the game.  Works.  However
with a newer game (Falldown 89) l put the game on first and ran it (with no
libraries).  lt said it couldn't find the libraries (l hadn't put them on
yet).  So l then put the libraries on AFTER the game was on the calc and the
game began to work.