A89: A Couple Questions. . .

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: A Couple Questions. . .

Now that the new emulator's out I've started working on assembly games for
the 89 - I've got a fair amount of experience with Z80 ASM (anyone play
Poker86? Still needs optomizing. . .) and I've got a few questions I'm
hoping you guys can help me out with:

1) It took me an hour just to get the assembler working - I kept on getting
some "unrecognized character" error in the included files.  I eventually got
around it when I used Plusshell's asm89 batch file (should have read the
documentation on how to use that =), but why were those errors occuring in
the first place?

2) Which shell does everyone here use, and which do you prefer to program
for?  Which set of libraries should I use (ie, Doors' Graphlib or
Plusshell's Gray4Lib)? I know that both are supposed to be compatible, but
I'm not going to test it individually with each shell. . .

3) It seems that the 89 and 92+ are almost the same right down to LCD
Memory -- what are the major differences, other than the ROM Calls and
reading from the keyboard? I see that there's some 89 emulation code
commented out in the plusshell source. . .

So far I've managed to get my sprite displayed wrong and crash the emulator
more times than I can count - any help would be appreciated =)

        -Scott