A89: Motorolla 68000

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Motorolla 68000

Well, I'd like to say, that if anybody here truely wants to learn True,
MC68000 assembly language, than you should order "The Motorolla MC 68000
Microprocessor Family" text book, Second Edition, by Thomas L. Harman,
and David T. Hein, it is published by: Prentice Hall, and covers
everything from Assembly Language, to Interface Design, to System Design.
The book also has almost the full MC68000 programmers referance manual in
it, in Apendix III, plus it has a list of all the ASCII character codes,
a summary of MC68000 family characteristics, the assembly language
instruction set, and the machine language instruction set! And that's
just the appendix at the end of the book! the book itself covers
everything from chip structure, to position-independant codes, to arrays,
to data structure, subroutines, for all of the MC68000 series of
processors! Believe me, the book is worth it. It retails for an absurd
price of around $90, but I got mine from my sister who's an EE major for
free! and most stores give student discounst from anywhere from 25, to
50% off!!! I highly reccommend this book, it is a great asset for
advanced programmers, and will basically teach a non-programmer how to
program mc68000 assembler language (if the person is willing to stick
with it, this isn't like one of those "teach yourself C in 21 days"
books, this is a real book on how to program, and will be hard for
somebody with no programming experience to understand). Well, there, I've
said my piece, now I have a favor to ask, can we stop with all the
bitching and moaning, and talk about assembly? I'm sick of all you people
who think that this like a chat room or something, this a serious list
devoted to the programming of assembly language on the ti-89 graphing
calculator!!! So if you want to complain about how groups like CCIA
aren't releasing their "BETA" versions of games like Zelda 89, do it
through personal e-mail, not to a mailing list like this!!!!!!!

Michael J Mallon
 *INVERTIGO*

PS: If anybody want the ISBN number for the book, and is seriously
interested in learning how to program MC68000, e-mail me directly, do not
e-mail the list!!!

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]