Re: A89: help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: help

In a message dated 12/20/1998 6:30:49 PM Pacific Standard Time,
assets@eden.rutgers.edu writes:

> not true.  on the calcs that have asm support the program variable begins
>  with a token to identify the program as asm
>  how do you think the calc knows when it can and can't run a program using
>  the asm( command?

The TI-89 has a VAT (similar to a FAT on a hard drive).  The VAT has the name
of all the files in the directory, the type, any special attributes, and the
memory handle that each files has.  You can dereference this handle to access
the file.  I don't know where the VAT for the main folder is stored, but I do
know that every variable and program, except maybe system vars, is in the VAT.

Daniel Imfeld