Re: A89: Suggestion: A simple C compiler

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Suggestion: A simple C compiler

In a message dated 18/12/98 17:02:16 Pacific Standard Time, Daniel7073@aol.com
writes:

> > I've had passing thoughts about something like this for the 86, but with
> the
>  >  89's "hackable rom" this could definately be feasable for some
advenerous
>  >  hacker... some type of "Improved BASIC" that would allow for some
> niceties
>  > of
>  >  ASM to be brought into BASIC, i.e. inverse text, file reading
capabilites,

>  >  etc.
>  >
>  >  Then again... that's a lot of work...
>
>  The only problem is that TI says that you can not do that.  That would be
> like
>  decompiling Windows and selling it as your own product.
>
>  Daniel Imfeld

I could see TI's concern for having people hack their ROM... but I never said
it would be sold... there's always the problem with people building in cheats
for tests and such, but people will do that anyway... legal or not. Think we
could get TI to live with a built in Tetris? :)