Re: A89: How to turn a 3d voxel into a 2d pixel

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: How to turn a 3d voxel into a 2d pixel

>In a message dated 12/18/98 4:28:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>cyberdeity@pdq.net writes:
>
>> I'm kind of confused, what is the linear function that I apply z to?
>in the program l added z to y to get the y value, so if l wanted to put a
>pixel at (x,y,z)=(1,3,5) then it would plot pton 1,8 (because 3+5=8)

But you sill need to account for the x value, but I assume you would have
done that too.  This works, but the image will probably look distorted --
ie.  a cube will not appear to be a cube.  I guess you're also making the
assumption that as objects get further away, z goes down.  Remeber that the
further away a point is from the observer the closer it appears to <0,0>.

	--Nate