Re: A89: Suggestion: A simple C compiler

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Suggestion: A simple C compiler

>What really needs to be done is to edit TI's ROM and add a built-in
>assembler.  Otherwise, when the
>calc crashes from you program, you won't have the assembler on your calc
>anymore.  The assembler
>needs to be in some sort of non-volatile RAM, so that if the calc crashes,
>you can still access your
>assembler.  The mem expander would work great if the driver for it was
>included in ROM...
>
>And all of this isn't even touching compiling times on the ~10Mhz processor...

Yea, if someone made something like that it would be better as an
application.  BTW, an on calc BASIC compiler would be one of the only apps
that I would ever buy.  The compiler that I posted previously is 73k,
without an assembler.  Since BASIC is a much more defined language then C,
I bet you could fit the whole thing in under 70k, but who knows.  Does
anyone know how much space is free on the 89's ROM?

	--Nate