Re: A89: Backups

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Backups

It is very close to a EEPROM, except that you don't need a higher(+12)
voltage to program it.
Think of a transister, where the middle semiconductor is 'floating', so
to speak.  If you move the conductor into place, the transister operates
normally, if it's out of place, it does not.  In an eeprom, it takes a
higher voltage to move it.  Flash was designed along those same lines,
but is able to move it using 5 volts.

This, of course, is a really quick-n-dirty explanation, but it will
serve to illustrate the principles.

-Adam