Re: A89: Re: 4-channel sound

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: 4-channel sound

In a message dated 12/9/98 4:58:54 PM Pacific Standard Time,
m_rayman@bigfoot.com writes:

> How did you do it on the 82?  Do you have source code for it?  Maybe someone
> could work on porting
>  it to the 89.  I'm imagining GameBoy quality sound about now...
>
>  -Miles Raymond

Game Boy quality? I dunno, it's better than you might think... get two game
boys and two copies of Pokemon (preferably Red and Blue if you're gonna spend
all this money :) and go to the trade center. When you're on the menu where
the list of Pokemon to trade is up and the music is synchronized, hold one
Game Boy in front of one ear and one Game Boy in front of the other. It's
really cool! :)

One problem, though, is there enough energy coming from the linkport to
support 4 channels? With one [channel], it's difficult to hear unless you're
in a relatively quiet area. I showed the sound to some friends at lunch when
all the talking makes it kind of hard to hear... or would you have to build an
amplifier? Or does it matter?