Re: A89: Asm 89 IDE

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Asm 89 IDE

In a message dated 12/7/98 7:20:01 PM Pacific Standard Time,
parson@mailprime.tidalwave.net writes:

<< I'm thinking of writing an IDE also..  and hopefully learning 68k asm in
 the process.  However, i'm not going to waste my time if yours is going to
 be released soon... so could you possibly give me some idea when you would
 be releasing your IDE?

 I also imagine it would be very useful to have an integrated emulator, so
 you don't need to transfer to the calc every compile...  then again, i've
 never programmed in asm so i'm assuming that needs to be done to test your
 programs.

 And does anyone know what the legal ramifications of adding documentation
 from other sources (the 68k opcode charts I've seen, etc.)?  Since both
 these IDEs would be distributed for free, would a simple acknowledgement be
 enough?

 lastly... Daniel, would you be interested in some sort of joint effort in
 making the best IDE for the TI-89 possible?

 Thanks,
 Chris >>

I actually haven't started yet, except for the sprite editor component.  I'm
not sure when it would be released, but I would defintely be interested in
joint development.  what language do you program in, and for what platform?
I'm using Visual C++ 5.0 (soon 6.0), and I'm programming for Windows 95/98/NT
4.

Daniel Imfeld