Re: A89: Check sum problem Really need help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Check sum problem Really need help

>The TI-89 will tell you when the batteries get low, and when they get very
>low, but besides that there is no way to tell.  However, if the calc can tell
>you when the batteries are low it might be possible to write a battery level
>program.
>
>Daniel Imfeld

I looked into the issue and don't really think that would be possible any
more.  I suspect that the 89 had a low battery inturupt, not just a ROM
function that gets called every so many clock cycles.  So without changing
the actual hardware you couldn't really change the battery alert system.
Computers have a similar inturupt that occurs when the power is failing.

	--Nate