Re: A89: Holy god what did i do???????

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Holy god what did i do???????

In a message dated 12/02/1998 5:06:16 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Serial@Earthlink.net writes:

> I was in the plusshell browser and I went down a list when all the sudden
the
>  top left of the screen started displaying wierd crap and my calculator shut
> off.
>  Now it wont turn back on for anything at all. I tried the 2nd-right-left-on
>  reboot. NOTHING. I took the batteries out and put em back in ...nothing.
Can
>  anyone help I am distressed and I at minimum need this thing for my hw
> tonight
>  thanks.

Try this:
1. Take out one AAA battery.
2. Press and hold the (-) and ) keys.
3. Put the battery back in (don't let go of the keys).
4. Wait until the entire home screen fully appears as it should.  It may take
a while.
5. Let go of the keys.
6. Now your calculator is just like it was when you turned it on for the first
time.

If that does not work, someone on some message board suggested removing a
battery and connecting the calc's battery terminals with a wire for just a
second.  I'm not sure if this is really a good idea, but if nothing else
works, you may as well.

Daniel Imfeld