Re: A89: SndLib Use

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: SndLib Use

In a message dated 12/01/1998 9:41:12 PM Pacific Standard Time,
nlmueller@students.wisc.edu writes:

> Do you mean pre-emptive multitasking?  This wouldn't even work on the 89
>  because the processor is just to slow.  In any case, PC's only execute
>  startSound and endSound instructions -- the sound card executes the rest.
>  That way the speaker can keep going for that 1/100th of a second while the
>  WAV player doesn't have control of the processor.  Some ambitious person
>  could build a sound card for the 89, plug it into the link port and plug
>  the speaker/headphone into the card thing.  Pipe dream...
>
>  	--Nate

True.  One thing that I thought of today would be a program for the PC or Mac
that would accept sound commands from the TI-89 and play them through the
computer's sound card.  Then, a command like Beep would just send a few bytes
to the computer, and the program would continue.

Daniel Imfeld