Re: A89: few ?'s

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: few ?'s

In a message dated 98-11-29 20:03:53 EST, I wrote:

It seems like whenever I have a question, noone wants to help me out...But
maybe everyone just accidently skipped over my question...So here it goes
again:
-THANKS-

<<
 I'm thinking of writing a dumb tictactoe (or connect 4)program...(one that
 won't be released because it won't be worth it), in order for me to learn
asm...I have a few questions now:

 1)  I'v been reading some previous posts which confused me a bit...I thought
 masking was to make something not transparent...I though that if you had a
 sprite w/ 0's in it: like:
 1111
 1001
 1111

 ...then if you put it on something black like:
 1111
 1111
 1111

 ....you would not be able to see it because the previous 2 0's were
 transparent and now you would see the black(1's) on the bottom

 2.  If I do the tictactoe prog I would like to have a box that moves around
 with the arrow keys...I did this in a basic version of tictactoe for school a
 whiles back; but asm and basic are COMPLETELY different
 In basic I just printed a square the same color as the backround over the
 square that I wanted to delete everytime an arrow key was pressed....I'm
 asking how i would delete a square in asm without deleting what is inside
 it...ie

 How would I delete the square around the "O" without deleting everything
else?

 THANKS